I turn 5 Months Today

Mom and dad can't believe that I am already turning 5 months today, I keep telling them not to blink because time will fly by fast and before they know it, I am going to be cruising around the house, yippee.

Today is such a beautifully warm day, I woke up at 7am and hung out in mom's bed until 8. Dad usually greets me in the morning, but Dad is up in Seattle visiting uncle Scott, so this morning mom fetched me. I always greet them with excitement and a huge smile. If great-grandpa Stevens was around, he would say that I am "bright eyed and bushy tail", but I just find that being excited helps them get me out of my crib sooner.

 
 
 


I learned to roll over a couple days ago so mom thinks that she can get me to roll on demand. She was working on it with me so hard this morning so I figured I will amuse her by rolling a couple of times. Sure enough mom was just happy and showering me with kisses, yeah I really like to be held, kissed, and cuddled. I also like to explore things with my hands and mouth, thus almost everything I am given, ends up in my mouth.

Today I went to swim class with Grandma Mesic. We had so much fun, I really liked my instructor, Levy. He is much better than the instructor mom gets for Friday swim class. Unlike Friday I just sing, splash water, and chase ducks in the pool with grandma. She did dunk me once, but I didn't mind that as much. On Fridays the other instructor makes me float on my back and only lets mom support me with one hand on my neck, I really don't like that. And he makes the mommies in class throw us in the pool so we can swim to him, I thought he was joking but when I saw other kids being thrown in the water, I just clench on to mom screaming as loud as I could. Mom knows to not throw me in the water and she tries to stay away from the instructor when he makes me float. Sometimes we get called on and mom has to float me with the coach standing right there. I guess all the crying and screaming only works on mom, because that instructor didn't seem to be moved or cared and just went right on pushing me to float. Today was the 5th time I have been to swim class, grandma was really good. She was really gentle and seems to know the lyrics better than dad and mom. My friend Audrey-Elizabeth Mew was in class today with me too. Yes we are both name Audrey, born in November of 2007 (mine the 12 her the 21) and the funny thing is…both our dads wanted to name us Riley. Not to mention we have the same first and last initial.



I have learned a lot of things last month, including the ability to draw attention if I cried really loud. Sometimes when I am tired I would cry and get much louder if I begin to hear mom and dad's voice. I cry with my eyes close, but every few seconds I would open them to see if anyone has responded. I think mom is slowly figuring it out, so I will have to think of another method to surprise her. Mom really wants me to learn the bottle so for a few days she took all my toys away and gave me 8 different bottles to choose from. Those were my toys, I learned to hold them and put the nipple in my mouth really well. But actually drinking it is another thing, why drink out of a bottle when mom is right there. Though I over heard mom talking to her friends and she might have a few surprises for me so that I can learn to take the bottle. I will report what they are next month when she tries them.

At four months I learned to sleep through the night. I am put down at 8pm and get up between 8 and 9 in the morning. Sometimes I wait till after I see dad at night before going to sleep. He tries to come home and see me before mom puts me down, but sometimes dad works so hard and stays at work past 8pm. My eyes get too droopy waiting and mom just puts me down, usually dad tries to see me in the morning when I wake up. . I was getting up to feed 2-3 times a night, but mom slowly weaned me from them and to get rid of the last feeding she tried feeding me solids. Mom begin feeding me big kid food, she calls them milk down rice cereal. I think they are okay, I am not sure if I like this new thing yet, though the texture is kind of cool. I like to wait for mom to put it in my mouth then I push it back out with my tongue. It's so fun and sometimes it gets all over my face and neck. Now that I sleep through the night mom decides to wait and hold off on introducing all the other flavors.

My weekly Monday playgroup is really fun. I have about 20 other lil friends and at least 12 come over every week to play with me. Its nice to see how all my friends are changing and growing each week. Auntie Linda and dad have met many of my little friends and I am hoping one day everyone else will get a chance to meet them too.

I have lots of pictures to share, but mom and dad have been too busy to help me load them. I look forward to learning new things, and traveling more at 5 months. I have a very busy month ahead. This coming weekend we are going to aunt Carol's Bachelorette celebration in Las Vegas, follow by Palm Springs with mom, dad and auntie Linda. The week after that we are going up to celebrate Great Grandma Mesic's 90th Birthday ( wow and I am not even 1 yet), followed by going to Washington DC with grandma/pa Mesic, mom and dad to visit auntie Thu. I talk to auntie Thu on the phone almost every weekend and like to hear what she is up too. Though I am not sure if she understands what I say, but mom helps with the translation.

Okay, goodnight and I will see you next month!

Hugs, kisses, drools, and growls,

Comments