Today I am 6 Months

As I turn 6 months today, I am looking back at what happened over the past month.

The fifth month of my life was full of trips, adventures, families, and changes. It's this month that I learned to sit, my two bottom tooth came in, and I didn't like to be left alone.

Every weekend of my 5th month I was traveling to a different destination other than home.

WEEK OF APRIL 14
Not too long in April after turning 5 months, mom and auntie Linda on April 17th took me on my very first trip to Las Vegas. I was so excited to hear how there will be so many bright and flashy things for me to look at. Mom decided to drive out there, I am not sure if mom and auntie Linda enjoyed the drive as much since having me almost doubled their drive time. I couldn't help it, looking at all those dry desert land made me thirsty, thus mom needed to feed me at least twice on our way out. Mom didn't seem to mad once we were on the outer borders of Las Vegas because she stopped by the Outlet and picked up a couple of sun dresses for me…they were really nice and it's the first time mom let me participate in choosing which dress to buy. She held up two and I would coo and show a lot of excitement toward the one that I preferred. Though no real words came out, mom knew exactly what I was trying to say, I liked the yellow one because mom's nickname for me is "sunshine".



It took a while for mom to check into the hotel that by the time we got settle down, it was well past my bed time. Mom went out to meet up with my aunt-to-be Carol and auntie Linda helped watch me. I was really fussy after mom left, and the hotel brought a very antique looking crib that made me really scared when auntie Linda placed me in there. When mom returned she took me out and let me share the bed with her. It's always nicer sleeping next to mom then between four racks of bars. The next day, we went to eat at Cesares, I had my first Vegas picture taken in Cesare's Palace and we went walking to the pools at the Flamingo Hotel. We meet up with Aunt Carol's group and I was given a pink lei. Its my very first bachelorette party, I believe I was the youngest member and stirred up quite a scene at the poolside. Auntie Linda took me swimming which I really loved and she was so good with keeping me away from all the splashes the big kids made. It was good to see aunt Carol again, we met back on Thanksgiving when I was a couple weeks old I am a little bigger now than when she last saw me, she even shared with me her BudLight. I had my mouth around the bottle and left drool all over the place, though it didn't seem to bother aunt Carol because she just drank it anyways. I like my aunt-to-be, how cool is it that she let me come to her bachelortte party! That night mom showed me the vegas lights before returning to the hotel and hanging out with auntie Linda. On Saturday noon we started our drive back to Los Angeles which took almost 6 hours because mom stopped by Alhambra to pick up grocery.


WEEK OF APRIL 21
Mom's birthday was this week and grandma and grandpa brought over mom's favorite dessert, a fruit tart with lots of fresh berries from Whole Foods. Mom also received so many generous gifts from grandma/pa including a crock pot, a couple books, with one on how to prepare food for me. Yes I get to eat solids a little more often this month, though I like spitting it out more than swallowing it like I am suppose to. Dad gave mom this thing they call an otoscope for mom's birthday. Mom really likes it and uses it all the time to make sure I don't have any muck in my ears. On the 25th we drove up to Santa Maria to celebrate Great Grandma Johnson's 90th Birthday, I don't know how big 90 is, but mom says it's a big number and that it will be a while before I am able to count that high.



For Great Grandma's Birthday I had a chance to finally meet Aunt Shara & uncle Ben, and see the rest of the family again. Everyone was there, grandma/pa, uncle Scott, mom & dad, great uncle Dennis & great aunt Sue and aunt Katie. It was really a house full, we had so much fun and I even helped Great Grandma open her big box of pink present. Dad helped me wrote a nice letter to Great Grandma in her book for her birthday and I got to sit in her lap for a short while. It was a full fun weekend; we went out to steak at Shaw's, visited the local vineyard, had brunch at the hotel inn and took lots of family pictures. Everyone took turns holding me, it was so fun! I may like this being held thing.



WEEK OF APRIL 28
Many of my little friends came over today to play with me and take our monthly group pictures. I have not grown much but several of my buddies have put on "some milk duds" over the past month. We all wore our white shirts and blue jeans for picture day, there were about 14 of us, the group was so big that it made it hard for mom to take a nice circular picture. Mom told all my friends about how I am going to be heading to Washington DC this week with grandma/pa and parents to tour and visit Di Thu.

Though it was a very long flight, parents said I did rather well. I only cried for about 5 minutes total during the entire flight, I'd probably scared some people next to me..heheheh

Once there, we were greeted by big black SUV Sedans that were part of grandpa Mesic's DC group. Our first stop, the Pentagon City Ritz Carlton, it suppose to be some posh hotel. Well I did get my own teddy bear pimped out crib with lotion, baby wipes, and all my bathing needs packed. Grandpa even showed me where he sat in the hotel lobby when he was waiting for my birth arrival. My first night in DC was not as smooth as mom would liked, she kept on asking me to hush because grandpa had to go to work before the chickens were up the next morning. Poor grandpa, but grandma helped him put out his clothes and stuff, similar to how mom sets my clothes aside each day. Hey I have more things in common with Grandpa then I thought, for starters, we both like to be taken care of…yeah.

We toured all over DC, walking, strolling, subways, and taxis. Di Thu even came out to join us for several days. She said something about the B was not for her, and I was probably the only one in the room that couldn't agreed more, mom on the other hand was still in shock. My sweet little aunt can't be in the B, then I will never get to see her except for those occasional holiday calls. Thus I think auntie did the right thing and got herself ejected. I strolled down "the lawn" visited uncle Lincoln, Jefferson, and everything in between. We stopped by the White House where I SAT for the first time on the white house lawn. Everyone was so excited, that they took a few pictures to commemorate the occasion. The next day we went on to visit the land of the sleeping people, Arlington Cemetery. Here we paid our respects to the Unknown soldiers, all the heroes who served the country and the Kennedy's.


WEEK OF MAY 5th
Back at the house we had mom's friend, uncle Rudolph and his friend visiting from Thailand. They stayed with us for the week and left on Mother's Day. Dad helped me wrote this beautiful Olde for Mother's Day along with a gorgeous card. I can tell mom really likes it, she even gave me a yucky wet kiss afterwards. We celebrated the special day with grandparents, parents, Di Thu, and Michael eating homemade Pho. The pot was big enough to fit three of me in there, everything smells really yummy. My two bottom tooth just started to surface this week, and it irritates me so much that I was waking up every hour during the night. Poor mom had to finally take me to bed with her, and I am not sure if I want to leave their bed. I like to be sandwiched between them; I was called a pork sausage on a couple of occasions. Maybe this is what they meant. As I go to sleep this Sunday I look forward to turning 6 months when I wake up tomorrow and continue my road of exploration.

Comments