HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, MAMA!

For you mom, on such a special day, a written ode that I worked really hard on.

AN ODE TO MOM ON MOTHER'S DAY, 2008

 


9 months in the making, I stewed in your womb
Getting bigger and stronger until ready to bloom

Your voice was so soothing and always a pickup
Through squirming and kicking and even the hiccups

Such a good home I had, I scarcely wanted to leave
Some extra prodding I needed, plus an extra strong heave

So sorry to have dallied and been such a pain
But you fed me so well, a little mop I became

What a wild ride as I was forced from my home
Unsure of the future, the whole world to go roam

The lights! The action! New freedom to move!
Sensory overload for me, not yet in my groove.

But then I saw your face, I looked in your eyes
I knew who you were, and I silenced my cries

Mommy! The drama, the stress, the newness of place
All quickly forgotten as I felt your embrace

Could this be a preview of my life yet to be?
My mom always there, always nurturing me?

I could hardly know that the best was to come
That YOU were so special, the very best mum

But now after 6 months it’s perfectly clear
That you are my best friend, and especially dear

Sure, you’ve nailed the basics, and your love it fulfills
And of course I shout out to your mad mom skillz

But what really strikes me as I sit here and drool
Is how I wound up with a mom so darn cool

People are amazed at me, so healthy and happy
That I travel so well and always dressed so snappy

By plane or at Costco I love to explore
With my Mom who already I so strongly adore

Every day an adventure, who knows what’s to come
The only thing certain is the taste of my thumb

So Happy Mother’s Day, recognition you richly deserve
Too little too rarely, so let me confess and observe

That I owe everything to you, and I love SO dearly
It’s a shame that this day happens only once yearly


Note, especially made for my mama,
COPYRIGHT Audrey Mesic 05/2008

Comments

Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.