Cherry Picking

It’s our first Monday back from many weeks of nonstop traveling. Mom decided to head out to Leona Valley for some cherry picking before the season ends this weekend. I don’t ever remember seeing so many fruits in a single tree before.

At first I wasn’t sure if I should pick it, after some encouragements from Mom and my nanny (Ba Net) I decided to start. Once I started, I couldn’t stop. The first 20 cherries or so I picked, I ate them. The remaining ones I put them in the bucket just like Mom and Ba Net. It was a learning experience for me. I didn’t know that the cherries you picked and put in the bucket should be as nice and big likes those I like to eat. I just picked and put them in without closely evaluating them.

After Mom gave me a couple of lessons on which cherries I should and shouldn’t pick, I became better at it. Though Mom still helped me with weeding out the bad ones from the pail. It was hot (100 degrees F), windy, but so much fun. I can’t wait till we go and pick some other fruits this season.

Comments