Nesting Dolls




This evening mom took my brother and I over to Ms. Marsha's house for a visit and to see Sara the cat. We used to visit several times a week after dinner, but since "O-la-vr" was born we haven't been over. During our visit, Mr. Steve brought out a set of what the adults call Russian nesting dolls similar to those pictured above. Together Mr. Steve and I pulled the dolls apart and put them back together. When mom asked me to describe and tell a story about who each of the five dolls are I started with the biggest one and said, "Dada, Mamma, Audi, Baby O-la-vr," and when mom pointed to the smallest one I said "more baby O-la-vr", everyone just started laughing. I didn't understand why they were laughing, but I just gave them my usual Audi smile. I was really proud of myself when I was able to put those dolls back within each other with a little help from Mr. Steve.

Comments