Oliver One Month

 
 
 

It’s been a month since Oliver has been home and introduced to the world. He is growing rapidly and has a head of hair like no other. On the back is a perfect circle that twirls toward what looks like a bull’s eye target. His eyes are beautiful and he is getting quite good at doing the low brow if you can believe that. I guess it’s genetic since Dad and I seem to be born knowing how to do it. Though Oliver spends most of his day sleeping, when he is awake he has the sweetest expression. Mom always refers to him as “handsome and cutie”, and I guess she is right for I also think I have quite a handsome looking brother. He is rather alert when he is awake, but Mom says he has a little gas issue. Oliver is unable to digest very well and is a little harder on Mom than I was, though we both took the bottle at this stage quite well. I hope my brother continues taking the bottle so Mom will have more time to play and be with me.

When a baby turns one month, according to Vietnamese tradition a “Day Thang” ceremony is held where the child’s name is given and he/she is introduced to family and friends. I guess parents were thinking of this tradition when they were trying to think of a name for him. The day before Oliver turns one month, Mom did the “Day Thang” ceremony and there were so many colorful things on the table. I was able to sneak a few pieces before Mom caught me and I kind of got in trouble. One of my favorite was the orange sticky rice, yummo!
Posted by Picasa

Comments