My Brother OLIVER!

 
 


Yes finally, almost a month after he is born we finally have a name for him. The story as to how he got his name will take a mini novel which someday I will write about. But for now, I am just happy to say he has a name and we can move on to sharing it with all our friends and family. That was a tough process, poor Mom and Dad. Though thank you to Di Thu for coming down this weekend to visit and pushing for my brother’s name. I love my brother regardless of what his name is, but I like Oliver and am learning to pronounce the word. Parents call him “Olie” for short which works as well, though I like saying his full name. Oliver came from the word olive which means “peace”. Dad wants to remember Ong Ngoai and choose an English name in honor of him, thus Oliver it is. His Vietnamese middle name “Nguyen-Khai” was also picked by Mom to honor ong ngoai too. She says she told Ong Ngoai about that name when he was ill in the hospital so that was picked out a while before he was born. We all miss Ong-Ngoai very much and the arrival of Oliver really shows it.
Posted by Picasa

Comments