10 Months Update

 
 
 
 

I AM HAPPY AT 10 MONTHS!

At ten months, I am almost physically the same length and weight I was at 6 months. I now weight 20.6 pounds and am almost 28 inches long. This has put a little stress on Mom, because I am not eating as much as I am supposed too. I like to nibble a bite here and there, but have not really find a love to eating solids yet. I’d much rather have my milk straight from the source and just nibble to try things. Though physically I have not developed as much as parents would like, but developmentally I have hit all my milestones. I tell them that one look at me and no one will accuse them of starving me. I am still close to the 75th percentile in most areas, and just like to take my time when it comes to solids and food.

Travelling around with Mom has been one of my favorite things to do. I have now been to 8 States and well over a dozen major cities. I don’t like to go through security checks, deal with time change, or restraint to a seat for a long time. But other than that I like exploring new places, activities, and people.

I can’t believe how fast this past month has gone by. Mom says football season has just started so I am learning the “Touchdown!” sign. I just throw my two hands high up in the air and smile. I can’t wait to show Grandpa Nguyen this new trick, especially after the Chargers score a touchdown. Last year mom bought me a Charger’s cheerleader outfit, though all I did was laid there, it made game day really fun.

I have learned several other things, like how to clap my hands. I am much better at waving bye-bye than last month. One of my favorite things to do is hanging on to things and walk around. Though lately I have learned to let go and reach for the closest means of support. At times this makes Mom a little nervous, but Dad seems to find it amusing. I have attempted to stand on my own a lot more frequently and for longer periods of time. My parents think I may walk before my 1st Birthday, but they have no idea what I have in stored for them. It could be next month or five more months before I really walk. Right now I just enjoy exploring all the different nooks and cranny around the house; it can be a lot of fun. Lately I love to play tag with Dad, he would sneak up on me and when I see him, I make a dash for the opposite direction. It makes me laugh and squeal while running away from him; Dad can be so silly sometimes.

I have become quite social and like to people watch, smile at strangers, and talk to myself. I have a few classes that have started up this past month which keeps me quite busy during the week. My sign language teacher even gives us homework. We are suppose to learn the signs for “more, all done, and eat”. I know what they mean, but have not been able to sign them back yet. My teeth have been bothering me a bit, but I still only have four that are visible, the rest are still hibernating. I discovered that if I rub my teeth together it feels really interesting. Interesting enough for me to keep on grinding it and mom just goes berserk.

Every day I am learning something new or trying to perfect what I know. Sleeping through the night is very important for parents so I still go down at 7pm and am up around 7am. Though nap training is something that Mom will have to work really hard on, I just don’t’ feel like taking naps. I have an internal schedule and take one nap in the morning and the other in the afternoon. There usually are way too many exciting activities to try and sleep it through. Until the next month, check back often.
Posted by Picasa

Comments